The area around the church of St Michael in Bisko is extremely rich in archaeological findings. In this place, somewhat north of the church, a small settlement along the Roman road was developed already in the 1st century. In one of the houses an Avar arrow was found, so we assume that the village was destroyed during the Avaro - Slavic penetrations in the first half of the 7th century. During Late Antiquity and the late Middle Ages a cemetery was developed here. Particularly interesting are the medieval graves under stećaks and large crosses (križine), one of which has a preserved human figure (at the eastern entrance to the cemetery).
The first church here was built probably in the Middle Ages and around it the already mentioned cemetery with tombstones was developed. Here, on the northern border of Principality of Poljica, the parish priest spent the whole period of the Turkish government, so the church and the parish priest were mentioned in the 1625 report on the visitations of the Zadar archbishop Garzadori. When the Turks left, the church was repeatedly expanded throughout the 18th century, which is indicated by inscriptions on its facade, especially by a large sign of the sanctification of the church and the altar, made on 24 May 1769 by the Archbishop of Split, Ivan Luka Garagnin. On the back wall of the apse there is a relief with the monogram of Christ and the wounded heart of Jesus - a sign of the local craftsman Matija (Kirigin?) from Omiš, who did some works in the church in 1757.