The parish church of St Roch in Čaporice has some unusual appearance and history. The church was built in the shape of a Latin cross with a dome in the middle, and it got this look only after 1924. In the summer of 1898 Cetina region was hit by a very strong earthquake, which destroyed the old church of St Roch from the 18th century. The parish priest began with the construction of the present church, which got its final form only in 1924. It was partly built of stone from the old demolished church, so above the main entrance preslica and lintel of the old church are preserved with the writing "1728 POČE ŠE GRADITI - 1733 DOSPI SE OVA CARKVA 12 JUNA" (IN 1728 THE CONSTRUCTION BEGAN – 12 JUNE 1733 THIS CHURCH WAS FINISHED)
The church also preserves one valuable piece of art. It is a gothic silver crucifix from the women's Benedictine monastery of St Maria de Taurello (near today's fish market in Split), which got to Čaporice after the French government closed the monastery at the beginning of the 19th century.