Archaeological site "Crkvine" under the hill Dikovača has been famous since the 19th century, when Brother Ivan Tonković, a Franciscan from Zmijavci, started exploring it. On his family land in November of 1897, he partly explored the remains of the Early Christian church, almost entirely at his own expense. He preserved the findings, in the first place stone fragments, in the Franciscan monastery in Imotski. This marked the beginning of today's rich Franciscan collection.
The site was explored again from 1981 to 1992. There was revealed a spacious three-nave basilica with narthex (the hall) and two baptisteries. The complex derives from the 5th century and it lasted until the 7th century, when it was probably demolished. There were explored several bricked tombs and ordinary graves, and there was found a lot of portable archaeological material, above church the furniture made of stone, a part of which was produced in local workshops. The site itself is much bigger and it has much more layers in comparison to the part that was explored, and it is one of the most important sites that help to understand the ancient history of this area. In the vicinity of Imotski are situated several Roman settlements, among which the names of the two are known – Bilubium/Bilubio and Novae/Ad Novas – and they can be found on the Roman maps and itineraries - travel guides. The last one that was mentioned used the church on Dikovača.
Eastwards from this place, on the hill in the direction of south from this place, there is the All Saints Church- a parish church of Zmijavci that was built in 1895 with a very precious main wooden altair from the same period, which was created in the well-known woodcarving workshops in Tirol.