On a gentle hill around the parish church of Runovići through the first centuries of the Roman Antique developed one of the well-known places known by name around the fields of Imotski - municipality Novae or Ad Novas. The status of municipality meant that the settlement had a kind of individual administration. Unfortunately, the archaeological research has never been carried out, therefore there are no information about that Roman town. In its vicinity, probably along the road itself, there used to be and it still exists now, the station of beneficarii consulares- the officials in the province governor's office; very frequently they used to be the soldiers that used to cover various functions, above all those related to the maintenance of the public order and peace.
According to the inscription above its main entrance, today's parish church Our Lady Of Mount Carmel, was built in 1869 thanks to a harmonic effort of the village. Besides the valuable altars inside the church, here can also be noticed one of the bells from 1757.