Blog
02. 02. 2016 @ Antonija Eremut

Church of the St. Pascal, Vitina

Category: cultural heritage GPS: LAT: 43.2415715393172 / LONG 17.4804944277786

The parish church of St Pascal in Vitina was built in the period between 1910 and 1914 and modeled on an old Franciscan church in Mostar. The First World War prevented the completion of the church, so the interior and the yard were completed by Father Augustin Matić in 1929. An earthquake in 1962 damaged the church, which was then renovated ten years later. The patron of the parish is St Pascal of Bajlon who is, in all of Bosnia and Herzegovina, celebrated only in the parish of Vitina.